Learn the history behind the Poet. Poetry From A Wandering Soul available NOW on Amazon!

Poetry From A Wandering Soul is a collection of poems 8 years in the making. This young writer exposes his vulnerability and lets' other people take a tour of his entire mind, body, and soul. Telling people his fears, what he thinks, and how life is for him. Poetry From A Wandering soul allows readers to recognize their own feelings and give them a sense of understanding that even in their darkest moments, they are not alone.

My first every poetry book that features 60 poems split into 2 sections, including a loose narrative arc about a young man looking for love and a collection of some of my best poems, available for both eBook and paperback. 


I started writing poetry when I was in 7th grade just for shit and giggle, but over the past couple of years, I have developed a strong love for poetry, It’s complete defines who I am, it’s always been a part of how I navigate my experience of the world. We’re all trying to make sense of our lives and why we are alive, writing is one of the ways I have of facilitating that.
I remember writing my first poems in middle school in a folder covered in Linkin Park album covers, but in high school, writing became an obsession. I wrote poems as gifts for friends. I wrote poetry between classes, at the bus stop before school, during lunch breaks at night in my room. I walked around writing poetry in my head. I even wrote when I had nothing to say. I’d write until I discovered what to say. No one ever taught me how to write, just came to me naturally. It allowed me to actively deal with the pains I experienced and then to appreciate the most positive aspects of my life. Putting these events on paper made me look at them and allowed me to be more objective about them. Giving me a historical accounting of some of my most significant life events- positive and negative.To understand my past and remember that I survived and that time heals all wounds.
Poetry helps me to get all of my thoughts, my fears, and my worries, out of my head, off my shoulders, and onto paper. Being able to get whatever is on my mind onto paper helps me stop thinking about whatever is going on. I’ve written in the past because I’ve been incredibly sad or heartbroken or I’ve been in love, excitement, admiration. The feeling of freedom when you sit down to let your mind explore the wonderful realm of words and the art of putting them together to mean something special. It's helped me find my voice but try to understand the person who lives inside me; the person who completely scares the shit out of me but still manages to save me every day. Poetry takes expose my vulnerability and lets' other people being able to take a tour of my entire mind, body, and soul. Telling people my fears, telling them what I think, telling them what and who I love, telling them what pisses me off, telling them how life is for me.
The greatest part of poetry is being able to connect and help other people their own problems. Helping others to have access their own feelings, to provide people an experience I’ve had so many times when reading my poems, and have that sudden burst of realization: “Yes, this is me. Someone else understands me. I am not alone.” There is a joy in sharing with others that which you find beautiful. A thrill in finding out that people appreciate that which you brought to them. An excitement in realizing that something that brings others pleasure was created by you. Sometimes people need a pick-me-up, sometimes your thoughtful words can change a person's point of view for the better, Who knows? Maybe your words will someday be stumbled upon and will change a life or even save one. I cannot control all of the terrible things that happen in the world or change the pain and heartbreak and disappointment I have felt in life, but with a pen in hand, I have the power to change it all. I want my words to be imprinted in people's minds to remind them that, even in their darkest moments, they are not alone.
Poetry is who I am, some people may love it and some people may hate it. If you love it, wonderful, if you hate it, that's okay too because I don't write to please you. I write to help people and change lives, and hopefully, make the world a better place in the process.

Poetry book link: amazon.com/author/keithwilliams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

31% off!!

The man behind Poetry From A Wandering Soul